Friday, April 15, 2011

G is for Guinevere...


I have managed to knit my 7th pair of socks this year. I've had this pattern for a while now and new I wanted to knit them as soon as I bought the magazine. (Yarn Forward # 15) I also knew that when the Goddess Diana yarn arrived through my letterbox in January 2010, that it was destined to be turned into a pair of these socks. 
Fast forward to April 2011 and I am mightily pleased with the yarn/pattern combo!



What do you think? And yes, those are my rather pale legs on show for once....I don't know what came over me....Here's a more pleasing shot....


The unusual construction of the sock made for a new challenge but they fit really well on the foot and I do like the i-cord cuff.

I am off out to Baa Ram Ewe tomorrow to learn how to become a hooker! I am soooooooooo excited...I am rubbish when it comes to crochet and as I have a lot of yarn, and as crochet uses a lot of it and can be quicker than knitting, then I thought I'd give it a go. I'll report back on how I've got on....

Till then...have a good weekend and feel free to Rabbit On....