Monday, May 03, 2004

Stitcher's Five...Threads

1.)Which is your favourite brand of speciality thread?
It would be Rainbow Gallery's Petite Treasure Braid at the mo. I am using it in two projects at the mo and I love it.
2.)Why?
It is so easy to use for a metallic thread, the coverage is good and it comes in a great choice of colours.
3)How many other brands of thread do you have in your stash?
I have some Caron Waterlillies, Six Strand Sweets, Sugar Maple Floss, Dinky Dyes, Needlepaints, NPI silks, Kreinik, Thread Gatherer, The Dye Shop, and about three other brands I can't remember the name of off hand.
4.) How do you store your threads?
The SSS are in floss away bags, as are the NPI, Waterlillies and Rainbow Gallery. The others are all in organza bags at the mo. They all live in a wicker basket form Ikea stored under my bed for easy fondling access!!
5.) How confident do you feel at substituting between thread types and colours compared to what the chart calls for?
Completely confident. If I want to change something I will, and have done by using the peteite braid in Fairy Grandmother instead of DMC