Sunday, July 17, 2005

25 Cross stitching questions.....
I found these on Amy's Blog I also found the link to the site that provides free clocks. I chose a bunny as you can see on the left. Click on the clock to go to the site.
I had started to answer these some 10 minutes earlier and was answering Q23 when my anti virus software decided to start a scan and infact crashed my pute....nice...
1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
I started at primary school, so that will be aged 5yrs.
2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
My first year school teacher, Mrs Bowes.
3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
Nothing really inspired me, I just saw an advert for a book club offering cheap kits so I gave it a go and ordered some.
4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
It is a WIP, Teresa Wentzler's Castle Sampler(c) There is a lot going on in that piece.
5. Do you have friends that stitch?
My mum stitches and she is my friend. I've got a lot of internet friends (some that have become real friends as well) that stitch.
6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
Hmm this is difficult as I don't stitch anything I don't like. But if push came to shove, I'd chose either
This or This
7. What is your favorite fabric?
32ct lugana preferably in hand dyeds.
8. What is your favorite fiber?
I love Dinky Dyes silk, but also like the Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid and good ol' DMC.
9. What is your favorite needle?
Size 26/28 piecemakers
10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Black and white, or black symbols on a plain background.
11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
12
12. How many UFOs do you have at this time?
None as they will all get finsihed one day.
13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
I have 45 charts, 60+ magazines and 25ish kits.
14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
At last count 85 pieces of hand dyed, but I haven't counted for a while...
15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
When I have time to set up the garden furniture, in my back garden.
16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
As I work shifts, anytime I can have!
17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
At a guess, 50-60 medium to large sized, and a number of smaller pieces such as cards etc.
18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
More often than not! I make a lot of gifts and do requests, but in the last year I have mainly stitched for myself.
19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
I have a large collection of DMC and a boat load of various hand dyes and silks.
20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
Approx 10, nothing special..a few are from IKEA!
21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames,etc)?
None
22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
Four.
23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
Nope, but when I move in the next year or so, I'll be having a stitching room!
24. Why do you stitch?
It keeps me sane...it makes me have patience, calms me, controls my emotions and because I like the fact that I can make something simply. I also have a sense of accomplishment when I see a finished piece. I have very little talent, but to those not in the know, cross stitch makes me look as if I have
25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
The day I gave my younger DBro
This He absolutley loved it and had no idea he was getting it.