Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekly Round-up....
I forget to update my blog as often as others do, mainly because work gets in the way of my t'internet time and also because I can be an airhead and just plain forget
So, I have made a mental note to update my blog at least once a week for anyone who may or may not be interested in what I do!
I had a great e-bay win yesterday with
This. The American Rabbit brings back great memories of when DBro and I were younger. He is 9 years younger than me and when he was a tot he used to love Rob Rabbit. We watched the video over and over and over again. He wanted to be Rob! I will therefore stitch it up as a birth sampler in Bro's honour .
Ok...onto the round up...
I am well over halfway round the octagon border on alpine. If I hadn't spent 30mins frogging last night, I'd have a lot more done!I never worry about frogging tho, as it only means I have the pleasure of restitching. I am going to try and finish it tonight with a view to then finishing the Perfect Pets piece over the next week. I will then move onto the mountain corner in Alpine.
I have recently started suffering from hayfever and it's driving me mad. I don't get runny eyes and continuous sneezing like DBF does, I just get a blocked nose and sinus headache...great!!! I think it's tree pollen that affects me because I get it bad when I am at home no matter what the weather, and there are some stonking huge trees at the bottom of my garden. Other than that I only suffer elsewhere when it is windy, not like DBF when it is gloriously sunny. Funny isn't it how it affects people differently.
Other than that I am on track with my goals for the month, I have varnished the six doors in my hallway and stairs. Just a clear matt varnish onto stripped doors. I love the finish, it makes them look really clean, so I am going to use the stuff elsewhere in the house! I plan to paint the rest of the hallway over the next working week, a bit at a time til it's done, then I can move onto the front of the house and the garden.
I went out on my bike yesterday for approx 13 miles. I must really get one of those computers that tells me how far I've gone. It was a windy day and it was tough when I was cycling uphill into the wind, but as usual, I just loved it. I went to my usual haunts down by the canal. It's the one place I will desperatley miss if I move next year. There is a stretch of the same navigation near to where I will move to, but I don't think it's as pleasant as the part where I am now. I guess I'll just have to cycle back to it and go on longer rides
I am hopefully going on a walk tomorrow with DBF up to Nidderdale in the Yorkshire Dales so that will be one of the three walks I hope to get done. I also did some training at work last week for 5hrs or so which left my shins feeling like they had been kicked!
Bun goes for her first annual jab next week. She doesn't really like going to the vets, and tends to jump off the table into my arms when the vet goes near her...talk about running to her 'adpotive mum'! It's quite sweet that she trusts me to protect her like that tho. She's having a good clean at the mo whilst I type, looking a tad cute as she washes behind her ears. How can anyone eat an animal that cute? It's beyoned me!
Well that's it for now...off to do some stitching