Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Catch up if you can...
I haven't been around much lately, I know. I have been busy. A few days after my last post I went away for a couple of days to the Lakes again. It was lovely and the weather was good to us, despite the coldness.
I actually don't mind the cold as long as it is sunny.
I managed a couple of low level walks during the days, but paid for it by evening time, but hey ho...no pain no gain huh?
I then went away for another few days to receive some intensive physio on my foot. I pay into a scheme through work. It involved a lot of work in the hydrotherapy pool which was fabulous, and also a lot of putting my foot in a cuff that was filled with ice. Absolute bliss!!
My fears were confirmed about my foot tho. My fracture is prolly well and truly healed now since it should normally take between 6 to 8 weeks for that kind of injury to heal. My problem is
this.
It seems that for some reason, I am prone to this disorder. I have unfortunately suffered from it before when I had a problem with my knee a few years back. On that occasion it took drug therapy and nerve blocks to cure, but thankfully this time around physio and normal painkiller treatments are working.
The physio took a look at my foot and once she knew my history told me that without a shadow of a doubt, CRPS had returned in my foot. It really does explain why an injury that should have healed in 6 to 8 weeks is now into it's 5th month!
So I'll be back for another weeks physio in about 4 weeks and then I should be able to get back to full duties at work...