Monday, April 04, 2011

F is for Fair Isle....
I have finished my Fair Isle Socks...they took a little bit longer than I thought they would but I think some of that was down to the fact that I was busy at work during the two week period that the 'F' socks encompassed.



Do you like them? Aren't the colours just wonderful? The main colour is Knitting Goddess merino/bamboo in the March Birthstone Club colourway of Aquamarine and it it such a pretty colour...one I wouldn't have bought myself truth be told. That's the wonderful thing about sock yarn clubs, you get colours that are out of your comfort zone!
The contrast colour is Colinette Jitterbug in the Kingfisher colourway. Again, the colours are really pretty in real life. I loved this when I saw it in the skein at the i-knit weekender in London last year. The good thing is I have enough of this yarn left to make a pair of fingerless mitts so I'll get more lovely, prettiness out of it!


The pattern is Fair Isle Socks in the Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits.
Such pretty colours would be perfect for Spring....but these socks are very thick! The sole feels padded almost, so they will be saved for very cold days when my tootsies need to be kept extra warm.


I have now cast on my G socks....they are called Guinevere and are a rather unusual design so I will keep you updated with those if I manage to finish them on time...this Saturday!


A quick update this time...more knitting to share soon, until then take care and feel free to Rabbit On...