Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring is in the Air....
I love this time of year, in the run up to Easter....everything starts to look pretty again and the sunshine isn't too hot, although the last few days have been the exception!
I love how the shops start trimming up for Easter which brings out a lot of lovely colourful window displays in lilacs, pale greens, pinks, blues and lemons, and bunnies, lambs, eggs and chicks appear in the shape of chocolate, ornaments and cuddly toys.
April is also the time to start titivating your garden before all the plants regrow, so I've had a busy weekend re-staining the arbour that we have at the end of the garden. All in all in took me 6½ hours over two days to get it done.
So, as I opened up my living room curtains this morning and looked out into my garden, it was lovely to see the sunshine and how the various plants and trees are starting to grow again. I thought I'd capture it in a photo, and then I thought beyond that and have decided to take a picture of it every month to see how it changes over the year.
This is what my garden looks like now....



The pots on the decking have some red onions in and have just started to poke through the soil. It will be the first time I've grown onions and I am interested to see how they turn out. 
We were very lucky to inherit this garden when we bought the house four years ago...we'd never have gotten it as nice as this if it had been left up to us! To be honest it was one of the things that made us by the house. 
The only addition we've made is to add a conservatory which is to the right of the picture and that houses our dining room, leaving me the old dining room as a second reception room. As it has French doors which open onto the decking it feels more like a sun room than a living room and is everyone's favourite room in the whole house. 

I picked up some treats for hubby and I when I went shopping this weekend......Hubby said 'I like these kinds of ornaments' as I've placed these pretties on the mantlepiece....wonder how long they will last...


It's an old jar that I had saved from a couple of Christmases ago when my friend bought me some pear drops and I had a little piece of ribbon in my odds and sods box that I thought went well with the colours of the eggs! Nom, Nom, Nom....

I hope you've all had a great weekend...until next time, please feel free to Rabbit On...