Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I saw a duckling hatch!
DBF and I went for a walk today. It was overcast but not unpleasant. We started off at a lake which is a site of Special Scientific Interest and has various ducks, swans etc.
Well just as we set off, we saw a female duck,(not sure which breed) sat on a load of twigs and stuff, that was obviously a nest. The male duck was swimming back and forth bringing her bits of food. Then she lifted a wing, and I saw a little leg poking out. Lo and behold, we then saw a little duckling hatch out of its egg!! It was so cute, all fuzzy feathered and bewildered. As the mother moved we could see another 10 eggs underneath her. I felt so humble having seen this.



Stitching wise, I've done some more on Fairy Grandmother. It's a real pain though, swapping between Treasure Braid and Kreinik #4!!