Friday, May 07, 2004

Stitcher's Five: Fabric
Seeing as the Friday Five is no more, I dug out an old Stitcher's Five for today.
1. What is your favourite fabric to use? (e.g. aida, evenweave, linen etc)
I prefer evenweave especially Lugana. I have used Jubilee too and like it a lot but still prefer the lighter feel of lugana
2. What is your favourite count (e.g. 14, 28, 32 etc)
It used to be 28ct but I now prefer 32ct. I think it's cos you get more for your money which suits my Yorkshire roots! Actually, I just like the finished size of pieces on 32ct.
3. Do you collect fabric 'just to have' or do you buy it with a design in mind?
A bit of both really. I have lots of hand dyed fabrics just because they made me go 'ooh' but then I do also buy with designs in mind.
4. What is your favourite colour for fabric?
It depends on the project. I have quite a lot of ocean coloured fabrics, even tho they aren't my favourite colours. I love purple and therefore like any shade of purple fabric, but I really like purples and greens together.
5. If you were heading for a desert island, and you only had one choice of fabric to take with you, what would you take?
ermmm it would be a toss up between Winter Meadow and Violets in the Shade both by Sugar Maple Fabrics. ( no affiliation etc etc )