Friday, December 31, 2004

Two posts in less than an hour!
I found this in Hazel's blog http://www.ahazyshadeofwinter.com/ so I thought I'd add one myself.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I visited Italy and thoroughly loved it. I also joined a treat of the month club at Sugar Maple Fabrics.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can't even remember if I made any so I can't answer that one!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my best friend's sister and a friend I started work with, and also a friend from my team at work.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my best friend's dad
5. What countries did you visit?

Italy and France.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?

A full driver's licence please!
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Well I would like to think I'd remember the dates I went to Italy, but since I forget who I am half the time...there's about as much as a cat in hells chance I'll remember!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Flying all the way to Italy and surviving!
9. What was your biggest failure?

Not passing my driving test...again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes, I sprained my thumb and it hurt!
11. What was the best thing you bought?

I would probably say the mountain of hand dyed fabric from aforementioned SMF.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Hmmmmmm not so sure of that one
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Someone I can't really mention here as Big Brother is always reading
14. Where did most of your money go?

Sadly, it would have to be on Bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really get excited about?

I know I've mentioned it umpteen times now, but my jollies in Italy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?

Band Aid 20 and the fact that it is soooooooooo awful compared to the original.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier

b) thinner or fatter? Fatter.
c) richer or poorer? Richer in more than just the monetary sense.
18.What do you wish you had done more of in 2004?

Reading and household improvements.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Eating
20. How did you be spend Christmas?

With my family and friends
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?

Nope....
22. How many one-night stands?

Purrleeeeeeeeeease!
23. What was your favorite TV program?

Tru Calling, CHarmed, Deadwood, Joan of Arcadia, Everwood...too many to mention
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

What kind of a childish question is this?
25. What was the best book you read?

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Finding out that Rick Astley was playing my local theatre
27. What did you want and get?
A laptop
28. What did you want and not get?

My drivers licence
29. What was your favorite film of this year?

Spider-man 2
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Went to the cinema, had a great meal and I was 31.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Passing my drivers test!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Same as always....unique
33. What kept you sane?

There would be doubt as to whether I have actually ever been sane, but if I had to chose it would be my rabbit!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Which month are you talking about?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?

The benefits system
36. Who did you miss?

no one
37. Who was the best new person you met?

Didn't meet anyone new...I think
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.

That if you want to cook a meal in life...you have to work the oven!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"I thought that cupid was in disguise...the day you walked in and changed my life!" (c) Amazing by George Michael