Wednesday, August 17, 2005

That time of year again...
...when the little furry monster who is the baby in my life goes to the vets for her jabs. Now she can be a funny little critter. She has, in her hutch, the bottom half of the carry case that I use to transport her there. So, she is quite used to it. I put the top half on this morning and she promptly went and sat in it. So why is it, that when I want her to get in it to take her to the vets, she refuses and has to be forced in there!
That sort of set the tone of the bus journey there, which thankfully is only 1.5 miles away. Bun didn't want to know me. I got the furry behind shown at me through the door at every occasion. Funny though, that when the vet then wants to examine her...who does she jump to...of course me! See I am the one who can protect her then, I even got a few licks on the arm in a gesture to make peace. Once the exam was over tho, and she was allowed to go back in the carrier (which she was now grateful for), the fickle madam that she is turned on the ignoring act again. Snubbed, I will be!
She had a good check, nails, teeth, bum ok, but then the worrying bit. She is not spayed, simply because she was too poorly as a kitten to be operated on. Then I made the decision that as she got older, the stress of the op could be too much, and rather than her suffer from that, I'd rather let her live a happy, pampered life and deal with anything else as and when it arrived. 80% of unspayed does risk the chance of contracting uterine cancer as they get older. Now she is as full of life as ever, not lost weight, not ill in any fashion, but the vet found a small lump on her belly. She is not sure what it is at this stage, could be just her intestine, which she had yet to 'flush out' so to speak. But due to her age, the vet thinks she should have a uterine scan if she can still feel it when she goes back for her second jab in two weeks.
All I will say on this matter at the mo is...God..if you're reading this, do NOT take my baby away at this moment in time. You have my Aunt F, give me a break and let me keep for a good while longer........