Friday, October 14, 2005

Open University...here I come...
I have thought about studying with the OU for a long, long time. I originally thought I might have a go at maths, as I had always planned to get a maths degree when I was younger, but things changed and I ended up doing the job I do now. I don't regret it for a moment as I love, love, love my job, but I have recently started thinking that it would be good to have a qualification to fall back on.
So, I decided on something to do with computing and had a look around the OU website. There are lots of courses I think I would like to do and the first one is
Data, Computing and Information
I think this will be really informative and interesting, and to be honest I think I'll be able to pick it up and learn it quickly.
Before I started this blog I knew nothing about HTML or anything like that, and by just playing around and looking stuff up on the net, I am now sometimes able to fix other's blog templates, BB sig lines and the likes. Now I am no genius, I appreciate that, and there are loads of people out there who are far cleverer than me when it comes to computing, but I figure you have to start somewhere, right?
I sent off my registration form today and will start the course in Feb 2006