Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A long awaited Knitting HD...
...and quite a quick one too!
Way back in Nov 2005, I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate. There I saw at the Get Knitted stall, a wrap knitted in Cherry Tree Hill Lace Merino, in the colourway Peacock. I fell in love with it immediately, but alas, it was not to be as they were out of stock. However, they did say that if I went home and ordered on the Internet, they would throw in the wrap pattern for free. It is called Cloud Wrap by Sue Morgan. Well I promptly did order it and when it all arrived, dutifully cast on and started to knit it. Then I went off knitting for a while, so it got left in the cupboard until the end of last year when the knitting bug caught me again.
I then did 10 rows a day (missed some days due to other stuff) and I finally finished it 23rd March! I have worn it every day since around the home as it is so warm and takes off the chill without having to put the heating on!!!

Onto the quick HD...I cast on this hat just after I finished the wrap. It is called Ela's Favourite Hat and is from 101 One-Skein Wonders
It is knit in Noro Silk Garden shade 282 and is for a friend for her birthday. I finished it this morning...so definately a quick knit!...Thanks for looking...as always, feel free to rabbit on...