Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oooooh Betty...
Well actually it's more like Mmmmmmm Betty's! DH and I went to Betty's in Harrogate as a bit of a pick me up for me as I have felt yacky since the tonsils* were whipped out. It was my first time visiting Betty's and it wasn't a disappointment. It is so decadent and dainty and has a very special ambience to it. The staff are wonderful and the service 5 star. For those who know of it I and have been I am sure you agree, and for those who havn't experienced Betty's yet, I highly recommend it. I know it ain't cheap, but as a special treat you really can't beat the indulgence. It also has a shop attached which meant we had to buy something...


The biscuit type things in the packet are called Fat Rascals and they are to die for...seriously. They are like a scone, made with citrus peel, topped with cherry and almond. I do like my cakes, but I find half of a warm one with olive oil spread is delicious and enough!
The bag now holds one of my current knitting WIPs....Ishbel by Ysolda Teague. If you are on Ravelry you will know just how popular Ishbel is as well as the designer Ysolda. I am making this for my mum's 60th in August and am using a Ltd Edition Mint Choc Chip BFL yarn by The Knitting Goddess
So far so good...I am knitting the small size and am on the second lace section. It's a quick knit as I only stared it last night. I am as we speak knitting away on it in between paragraphs!

So onto things I have been up to since my last post. I have been buying more yarn and am excitingly awaiting some yarn p0rn from a site I just came across whilst on Ravelry. They are called Three Irish Girls . Their website was soooooooooooooooooooo seductive! I had a look at the brochure and I instantly got sucked in to the wonderful colourways. I can't speak for the quality of the yarn yet, but it is highly commended on Rav. I have ordered Grady, Madigan, Maeve, Maura, Clodagh, Florry and Nora in various weights and will post pics as soon as I get my grubby paws on them!

I have finished a couple of things too, namely...

The first ones are Pomatomus by Cookie A and are knit with Ocean Blue BFL by the Knitting Goddess. The second pair were knit as part of a Wimbledon Knitting challenge on the Knitting Goddess forum on Rav. The rules were simple...cast on when Wimbledon started, cast off when it ended. I didn't quite manage to finish on time due to the tonsillectomy* but they were finished fairly soon after. I used the Knitting Goddess Violet Meadow BFL as I thought the colours were very SW19! It is a freebie pattern from Wendy D Johnson called Feather and Fan.

I have also finished a couple of gifts...

The first pic shows a hat that I finished a while ago. I have recently finished the scarf as a companion piece. They will be going to my friend Jax for Christmas. They are really warm so I hope she likes them.

And finally...I also finished a baby cardigan for another friend who has recently given birth to a girl. I know that 'mum' likes bright colours so know she will appreciate the colour of the yarn. It is Hobby Print by Rico.


Well, that's it, oh except for the * you may have noticed. The tonsils did come out, it was like eating glass for a few days and has turned into the feeling you have when you get a bad sore throat. I have another week off work and then I will hopefully be fit and well again.
Later guys....