Friday, August 07, 2009

Wake up and smell the coffee pot...
That what happened in Chez Scully yesterday morning. There we were, sleeping due to a late night, when the postie presses the doorbell. At first I set out a 'Squee' as I was thinking it could be some Yarn P0rn, but I could tell by how quiet DH was when he took receipt of the parcel from downstairs that it wasn't (he's trained to yell if it is!).
He brought up a large box which was very light and which also had on it the name of a very lovely couple we know. With a quizzical look on both our faces, I opened the box to reveal a cafetiere....the one you can see in the below pic.


SO what's so special I hear you all say...well this lovely couple ran a most fantabulous B&B in the Lake District...I am sure you've heard me mention it. The cafetiere was a star attraction for me at breakfast time (not distracting from the wonderful home baked bread and aga cooked rostis of course..) The was just 'something' about the 'whoosh' it made when you sank the plunger that was so satisfying. I was provided with the name of the company where it had been purchased but they didn't offer an online service and despite searching many a shop in various places, it always resulted in the same disappointment...nothing compared...
Now this lovely couple have sold their fantaulous B&B much to DH and I's chargrin, but hey, let's not be selfish...people have a right to move on in their lives..especially lovely people.
Now they have settled just outside the Lakes, they have sent DH and I one of their cafetieres...and I can tell you, that 'whoosh' is no less satisfying than I can remember...our morning coffee lives are complete...
So, thank you to the lovely couple, Lorraine and Rob I will think back to our times at Fair Rigg with fondness and will indeed enjoy many a perfect coffee break....