Wednesday, February 16, 2011

C is for Cable Rib Socks...
Well I can hardly believe it, but I have managed to finish my third pair of socks this year. I am keeping up with the Alphabetalong on Ravely and I am really enjoying it. Not only have I managed to used up three skeins of yarn, but I've also got three rather natty pairs of socks!


They are called Cable Rib Socks and are by Erica Alexander and can be found in either 
Interweave KnitsSpring 2005  or indeed from where I got them pattern, Favorite Sockswhich is also published by Interweave Knits.
The yarn is Solemate by Violet Green in the colourway, Blueberry and Lime. I knew this yarn would need a fairly simple pattern and I think it has turned out well with the simple rib and cables. I really like them even though they are a bit 'funky' looking. 

I knit most of them whilst I was on holiday in the Lake District last week...amazing how much time I had since I didn't have a mobile phone signal, nor broadband!
I also managed to start the shawl I mentioned in a previous post, but then realised I had gone wrong so had to start again. It is however, a very quick knit (if you don't get confused by the i-cord edging like I did) and once I'd realised my mistake, I steamed ahead with it and it is now being blocked. I'll post a pic when it's finished blocking.
This will be my second shawl of the year...and another skein of yarn used...which makes up room for the five I just bought! Naughty, Naughty...

I've now cracking on with my February Squares for my mystery blanket and my D socks...more info on both when I finish them...
Until then feel free to Rabbit On....